Maybe you are a couple who have loved planning your destination wedding yourself; for months you have enjoyed creating and planning your dream wedding day. You have poured over options and details, contracted, liaised and confirmed every element, but with a month or two to go you are ready to hand the last steps and the execution on the day over to a professional. We love nothing more than taking the potential chaos of a wedding day and turning it into a calm, flawlessly executed, fun celebration for all involved. It’s our goal, to be five steps ahead of the bride and groom, knowing their day perhaps better than they do. We take control of all the moving parts, in order to allow the couple to be present in each moment of the day, worrying about nothing but soaking up all the love, friendship and beauty of the moment — that is our “happy place!”
Owner Michelle Johnstone Clark answers your “On the day planner” questions:
The venue we are getting married in has a wedding coordinator. Do I need a wedding planner too?
Yes!! We love working with the venue coordinator and we will become one seamless team. The venue coordinator will manage everything from the “back of house.” They will ensure that every detail that they are responsible for happens when and how you want. The venue coordinator can answer like: Will breakfast be delivered to your time on time? Will the servers be ready with prosecco straight after the ceremony? Will dinner to happen on time? Will Aunt Joan, who is a celiac, get the right meal? Will Uncle Bob, who is checking in late, get the right room? They are actually indispensable on the day.
However your Waterlily Weddings coordinator will managing every other aspect of the day . Starting with setting up hair and make up in the right location; managing the schedule for the bridal party; making sure the lads go to and return from the 9 hole round of golf on time. Your Waterlily Weddings coordinator will meet every single vendor as they arrive, confirming their plan for the day, give them their balance payment and keep you regularly updated, making sure you are wanting for nothing and are completely relaxed in the moment. We have been doing this work long enough to have seen it all: everything from sobering up best men to finding a missing wedding dress (That really happened! Ask us to tell you that story!). On your wedding, you will find us directing the flow of the day so it unfolds as per the agreed timeline. We will be there, coordinating the first look. We will be behind the scenes, to make sure the bridal party are in the right order for the procession (and that they have their flowers!) We will also make sure right piece of music starts at exactly the moment the bride steps out into the aisle. We are there for you, over the course of the day, watching every detail, until you hit the dance floor and out job is done!
There are so many little things to think about on the day who will mange all of these?
Your Waterlily Weddings coordinator is the answer to all of these:
- Who will tell us it’s time to leave for the ceremony?
- What if the bridal party goes missing? Or we can’t find the Father of the Bride? And the car is waiting?
- Guests ended up bringing their kids after all to our wedding and didn’t tell us until right now, on the day. They want a sitter for the evening. How can we get one?
- My dress buttons broke!! Where can I find a tailor?!
- Who cues the music for our entrance?
- What if the speeches are running long?
- I have a huge headache and forgot to pack Tylenol. Help!
- Where do the vendors go to eat? How can we get them food and drink?
- What time should everyone arrive to the ceremony? And the reception?
- Guests are arguing over the seating arrangement…HELP!?
- Who will gather the guests for our sendoff?
- How do we pay the vendors the balances owed?
What are the On the Day coordinators key responsibilities on the day?
- managing all vendors as they arrive and throughout the day
- checking and confirming that everything being supplied is as per your order
- ensure your style vision comes to life as hoped
- direct the events of the day and make sure everyone around you is doing their job
- take care of any situations should they arise
- inform people of where they should be and what they should be doing without offending anyone!
- coordinate all timings to ensure everything runs to schedule
- make certain that the day flows seamlessly as possible meaning that you can relax and truly enjoy your special day
- act as the main point of contact on the day for the venue, your guests and all vendors – no one should be asking you questions on the day – you should just be able to relax and enjoy every moment
How do I find out if the “On the Day” service is right for me?
- Talk to us! Contact us, tell us about your day and we can advise you on the best service to help you have the stress free day of your dreams
- Watch our On the Day video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMcpOSO51D8